Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

So, I have started a blog

I have always been wary of blogs. I am a relatively private person, and I find blogs rather intimidating. I am a creature of two worlds: my creative work is out there in the public domain, yet my private life is known to a small inner circle.

I am an introvert, you see.

Just maybe the idea of privacy is an illusion, a bit like a curtain blowing in the wind. It gives temporary relief and distance from the world's prying eyes. But at the end of the day it is just a piece of cloth. I am happy with some illusions, and throughout my blogging life I shall pretend that I have found that imaginary line between open and private. A bit of a joke, maybe; like the international dateline.

What got me blogging, then?

Consolidation comes to mind. I have different web audiences, each of whom has a view to a part of my life. There are my poetry followers on Facebook. Jewellery customers on Jasper Creations. I have very healthy symbiotic relationships with other bloggers, such as DMKW , and Koroga II.

I love piggyback. I hope I can be the back for someone else.

And starting was easy. Such are the synergies to be found in some web platforms. Unlike a friend of mine, I won't have to worry about losing my password. Conversely, nightmare of nightmares: if my e-life was hacked into (who'd be interested - I am neither rich nor famous), a good portion of my life would be OUT THERE. In the hands of a stranger. Shudder.

***

Mbio za sakafuni huishia ukingoni.  A race on the floor finishes at the wall/edge. Everything comes to an end. 

Does it?

Na mbio za ukingoni je? How about a race on the edge of things; life on the precipice; stepping out of the boat? I might just find I can walk on water.

No comments:

Post a Comment